I found a new way to decorate paper for letter writing. I used a circle hole punch in a piece of cardstock, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the circle. I dobbed ink with a sponge inside the hole and onto pieces of looseleaf that I had cut to 6×8.Then I used a corner rounder to edge the looseleaf (not pictured).
I’ve been decorating my office again and here’s how I styled 2 chemistry flasks with artificial flowers.I put beads in the bottom from necklaces the kids had made at school then broke at home. A little ribbon and voilà.
I made jewellery storage for all my stuff in a previous post, except for this one bulky necklace that doesn’t fold very well; it has to be hung. I slept on the problem for a while and came up with this.
I do calligraphy as well as sometimes dabble in charcoal drawing. I do calligraphy well and charcoal drawing for fun but either way I wanted a nice display piece for my tools.
I finished a large pot of Nivea Rain lotion so I drilled holes into the lid of the empty container, then painted it to match my decor.
I also scrapbook and make my own cards so I painted a box and stored them here, in my bookcase. The pen nibs box is from the Dollar Store and painted to match.
The weather is warming up, every so f-cking slowly, and we’ve entered the “water play sometimes” phase of the seasons. I wanted a fun sprinkler for the kids to play with but not something so huge that they’d get soaked. Heck, they’re going to get soaked no matter what I try so who cares?.
I finished my B Vitamins supplements so I drilled a bunch of holes in the empty pill bottle. I fastened it to the hose with duct tape, which is actually what it’s for. I amused the kids by telling them to watch it, once they’d turned the water on it would turn into a “pisseuse” (a pisser). It’s the proper Montreal term for it so they might as well learn.That’s my son enjoying the spray from my diy sprinkler.
Here’s what we moved in to:
Basically a giant closet with the washer and dryer in it. Not a bad deal really but it lacked, shall we say, charm and any sort of class. Now we’ve moved in, we have shelving in the basement storage room so it was time to make the laundry room a decent place to frequent. I put all the extra traveling bags I had hung up inside a suitcase and on a basement shelf.
Then all the hangers into a garment bag, also onto a basement storage shelf.
I removed the hanging bar, which wasn’t even screwed into a stud to reveal the shelf behind.To fill in the white wall without painting it I hung a large, blue-themed painting we had that was just hanging in the basement toy room. I got Hubby to push the washer ever so slightly further from the dryer so that I could wedge in a milk crate to store some of the laundry cleaning products.
I put two 3M Command hooks on the side of the dryer, one for the black bag of missing socks, the other for the delicates washing bag.
I added plants, a diy scrapbook calendar I had made, and a lazy suzan that Hubby hated in the kitchen and voilà, a decent looking laundry room.
There wasn’t anything too too wrong with our master bed, but it wasn’t nice.I can do better.
I measured the length of the headboard between the two posts, 58 in, and sewed a white, waffle duvet cover we had (from where?) to that length. I then hung it over the headboard and safety pinned it at the bottom, under the bed.
The stencil/decal had to go.But what to replace it with? I couldn’t just leave all that empty wall space. I FINALLY remembered that I had 4 unused small decor mirrors in the basement closet. I used my new beepy stud finder, found 3 studs because this is THE house and I will be hanging things properly, and hung the mirrors. The best news is that Hubby absolutely loves it! He usually just tolerates my decorating or thinks it’s “nice”, but this one got him.
I got sick and tired of the 4 sponges Hubby bought me for cleaning that I never use because I’m a microfiber girl. They’ve been sitting under the kitchen sink for 3 years. Most of the sponges got cut up and put in giant planting pots to help hold water and cut down on the amount of dirt I’ll need.
I cut one sponge into 2 kid size pieces, set the kids up at a plank outside, gave them a bucket of very watered down purple paint and had them dob a dozen or so white envelopes and turn them purple. They spread the envelopes around the yard to dry, which took 15 minutes and everyone had fun. I didn’t do any work and I got beautiful envelopes.
You will need: one pair of pants your daughter has outgrown and one shirt that your daughter has outgrown.
Cut the pant legs off just above the knee, this allows for a seam allowance. Either pick the inner leg seams open or cut them off. I cut. Smooth out the pants and you will now have a pant triangle that is open on the inside, kind of like a letter “A”.
Cut each half of the shirts apart and slide a piece into the “A” and measure to fit. Sew the shirt to the legs.As you can see the skirt is rather pointy in the front so cut and hem that.
In an effort to add visual interest to these future flower vases, I “drew” patterns across the front with a heavy Nivea cream. I used Nivea because it’s white and I can see what I’m doing. Vaseline would work too. I applied globs of the cream, shaped as crudely as possible, with my fingers, then trimmed it up with q-tips to smooth the edges.