I found out about this award because one of the bloggers I follow (Joy to the World http://jvoss1225.wordpress.com/) received one. Liebster is German and means dearest and welcome (more or less as I understand it). The award is given to a blog you think is awesome and has fewer than 200 followers. There are a few conditions for acceptance but they’re kinda fun.
So I am nominating one of my favourite blogs for the Liebster award: Sew Sensational http://sewsensational.wordpress.com/
I think she’s awesome because she’s a beginning seamstress so her patterns are simple and I can do them! She makes very pretty things and makes them easy to make.
These are the conditions of the award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
My 11 questions for Sew Sensational
1. When did you first start sewing?
2. What made you love sewing?
3. 35% whipped cream or Dream Whip?
4. Lipstick or lip gloss?
5. What’s the most challenging sewing project you’ve succeeded at?
6. If you had a pre-paid personal assistant, what would you have them do to help you?
7. Do you like to travel?
8. What chore do you hate the most?
9. What’s your favourite season?
10. Long hair or short?
11. If you woke up with a best-in-the-world talent, what would it be?
Eleven Random Facts about me:
1. It took me 4 years to learn enough about gardening to keep 90% of the plants alive. When I started I was at 20%.
2. I shaved my head for about a year when my kids were young.
3. I only like winter until Christmas is over. Then the snow should go.
4. I am taking ballet lessons and I don’t suck. In fact, I’m a medium-good. I’m still going to be the tree in the year end performance.
5. I hate washing the floors.
6. I make the world’s best chocolate ice cream. It’s been tested.
7. I’ve always wanted a German Shepperd.
8. I used to hate biking, but had to do it because it was my only way to college. Now I love it for the freedom and for how it makes my legs look (AWESOME).
9. I don’t know how to work WordPress that well and that annoys me.
10. I once climbed a 5-10c climb. That’s a big deal in the rock climbing world.
11. “New Year” to me is in September when school starts.
Ok, I misunderstood the rules of the Liebster Award, I don’t have to nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers, that’s Sew Sensational’s job, but I do have 11 in my list of blogs that I follow and here they are.
Kitchen Cici http://kitchencici.wordpress.com/
Chatoyant Makeup http://chatoyantmakeup.wordpress.com/
Adventures in Thanks-Living http://adventuresinthanksliving.com/
Art Zone http://husseyamy.wordpress.com/
Graceful Order http://gracefulorder.com/
Life Improved http://lifeimproved.org/